Love Matcha? Try this Matcha Granola created by Abbot Kinney’s. We’ve teamed up to share our love for plant-based products. You’re welcome!
Back to Matcha.
Matcha is everywhere lately; matcha shots, lattes, teas, and even desserts. It’s a powder of green tea leaves packed with antioxidants. But how about kickstarting your day with this tasty Matcha Granola and coconut yoghurt, served in your Plant Ahead Coconut Bowl for a tropical touch?
Tip: store your granola in a weckpot and enjoy it all week.
- 1½ tbsp matcha powder
- 70 g coconut oil
- 150 g oatmeal
- 3 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1 banana, smashed
- 100 g buckwheat flakes
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 75 g raw almonds
- 50 g pistachio nuts
- 40 g flax seeds
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, zest
- 40 g coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the oatmeal over the lined baking sheet and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan, take it off the heat and add in the coconut syrup and
- Mix in the buckwheat, nuts, seeds, salt and lemon zest into a large bowl. Open the oven and
tip the partly cooked oats also into the bowl, together with the matcha powder and mix until
everything is evenly distributed.
- Last but not least add the oil mixture to the bowl and again, mix thoroughly!
- Spread mixture onto the lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until
dry but not browned. Lower heat to 120 °C degrees and continue to stir every 10 min along
- Let cool down completely until you store in a weckpot.
- Once you get the matcha served with our luscious yoghurt, dust with a little extra matcha
Did you make this recipe?
Share your picture on Instagram and tag it with #abbotkeinneys and #plantahead
Find more of Abbot Kinney’s delicious recipes on www.abbotkinneys.com.